2014-02-21

Introduction

Welcome.

I do love comic books. The actual contents of the books more than anything, but for some reason I'm also fascinated by aspects of the business of comics.  Especially sales data. I've found those interesting since the comic shop surveys that used to run in THE COMICS READER back in the early 1980s and the statements of ownership that many comics ran once a year, and going through to the current monthly charts that Diamond releases, and the occasional look we get at mass-market sales.

So here's a blog devoted to such things. I'll post updates whenever new charts and analysis are available from various sources, and since I have years of charts saved, I'll occasionally post some information I find interesting from them.

So if you share the at best idiosyncratic, and at worst perverse, fascination that I have, be sure to check in often, or subscribe through any of the options that should be available from buttons somewhere on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment